Applications are requested from adequately qualified applicants for admission to the following postgraduate programs offered by the Rivers State University Business School in Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt for the academic year 2021/2022.
PROGRAMMES FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS:
Admission to the RSU Business School in 2021/2022
1. Postgraduate Certificate (PGD)
2. M.B.A. (MBA)
3. Master of Business Administration (Executive) (EMBA)
4. Master of Science (M.Sc.) – Short Course Master of Science (M.Sc.) – Short Course
5. Business Administration Doctorate (DBA)
All programs focus on accounting, finance, management, project management, marketing, supply chain and logistics management, international relations, and office and information management. The modular part-time programs are taught in a hybrid (physical and virtual) modality in the evenings from Monday to Thursday.
Thursday, with the exception of the Executive Master of Business Administration, which is held on weekends to accommodate executives’ hectic schedules.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY:
1. PGD: First degree or equivalent with at least a pass grade in cognate fields or a second class lower division in any other discipline. Practical work experience is a plus.
2. MBA: A good first degree or its equivalent with at least a Second-Class grade and a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or 2.50 on a 4-point scale in related subjects.
Applicants having a less than a bachelor’s degree but a PGD are eligible to apply. Practical work experience is a plus.
3. EMBA: Similar to MBA, however applicants must have relevant leadership experience in either the business or public sector at the time of application.
4. M.Sc. (Short Course): A good first degree or its equivalent with at least a Second-Class grade and a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 on a 5-point scale or 3.00 on a 4-point scale in cognate subjects, as well as an MBA. Practical work experience is a plus.
5. Doctor of Business Administration: Applicants must hold a first degree or its equivalent with a minimum of a Second Class lower division and a CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or 2.50 on a 4-point scale, or a PGD in cognate disciplines, as well as an MBA or M.Sc. with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 in cognate disciplines.
3.00 on a five-point scale, or 3.00 on a four-point scale. Practical work experience is a plus.
6. All applicants for all programs must also meet the Rivers State University, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt, matriculation requirements, which include five O’level credits in appropriate areas, including English and Mathematics (and Economics for courses in the Management Sciences).
(1) In addition to the requirements listed above, an applicant for the DBA degree may be required to participate in a selection exam and/or oral interview. DBA candidates must submit and defend a proposal in their area of interest.
(2) Applicants must provide online scanned copies of their academic qualifications, as well as three reference letters sent to the Director, RSUBS, one of which must be from a lecturer at the candidate’s prior institution attesting to the candidate’s excellent behavior.
(3) Applicants must additionally request that their former universities provide their highest qualification transcript to the Secretary, RSUBS.
1. The Postgraduate Diploma with project or seminar is a two-semester program with a maximum of four semesters.
2. The MBA with dissertation is a five-semester program that requires a minimum of three semesters and a maximum of five semesters.
3. The EMBA with dissertation program is comprised of a minimum of four and a maximum of six semesters.
4. Master of Science (M.Sc.) – Short Course: The M.Sc. Short Course with dissertation is a two-semester program that requires a minimum of two and a maximum of four semesters.
5. The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) thesis-based program is comprised of a minimum of four and a maximum of six semesters.
How to apply
Forms can be found online at www.rsubs.org.
Register with a non-refundable registration fee of N30,000.00 to Rivers State University Business School, UBA Account Number 1024736807. The application deadline is March 15, 2022.