This is to advise newly accepted students of Benue State University, Makurdi (BSUM), the University Community, and the general public that the institution’s management has announced the Matriculation/Orientation for new students for the 2020/2021 academic year.
Schedule for BSU Orientation / Matriculation Ceremony, as well as further information
1. The following is the itinerary for the 29th Matriculation Ceremony for new undergraduate students at Benue State University, Makurdi for the 2020/2021 academic session:
Date is Friday, February 11, 2022.
Time: 10 a.m.
Venue: New Convocation Square.
2. All Principal Officers and Senate Members are required to go through the process. Unit heads and other members of the workforce are encouraged to attend the celebration.
3. The Directorate of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) or Faculty ICT employees should be contacted in order to have access to the list of registered students in their respective Faculties and Departments. They should take steps to guarantee that all qualifying candidates for their particular programs are properly registered with the appropriate authorities.
4. In addition, the orientation for registered students will take place on Wednesday, February 9th and Thursday, February 10th in the New Convocation Square. The Orientation and Matriculation Committee will announce the specifics of the activity in the coming weeks.
5. The issuance of matriculation gowns to registered students of their respective Faculties will begin on Monday, February 7, 2022, with Faculty Officers assuming responsibility for this task. Each student will be required to collect a matriculation gown upon payment of a one thousand Naira (N1,000.00) non-refundable fee at Fidelity Bank Plc, account number: 5030023693 and Zenith Bank, account number: 1011136506 (Fidelity Bank Plc account number: 5030023693 and Zenith Bank account number: 1011136506).
6. As described in (5) above, candidates would produce the bank receipt to their Faculty Officers in order to be able to collect the products. Faculty Officers are responsible for keeping track of the gowns that are supplied to candidates.
7. Upon payment of the N1,000.00 fee as specified in (5) above, the Academic Office shall issue appropriate matriculation gowns to the Faculty Officers for distribution to newly registered fresh students of different faculties after they have received approval from the Academic Office.
8. All Senate members are requested to direct their staff to pick up their Academic Gowns from the Academic Office in preparation for the event.
9. New students shall return their matriculation gowns to the Faculty Officers for subsequent submission to the Academic Office on or before the 18th of February in the year 2020.
10. Failure to return gowns on time will result in a fine of N100.00 each day, which must be paid to the University’s Bursary Department.
Orientation/Matriculation Ceremony: All new students are required to download the following documents from the University Portal (www.bsum.edu.ng) and bring them to the ceremony:
- The Oath of Admission
- The Anthem of the University (Alma Mata Song)