Delta State Polytechnic is a state-owned and managed institution of higher learning situated in Delta State. The Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro, was founded by a law passed by the Delta State Government on November 12, 2002, during the administration of His Excellency, Chief James Onanefe Ibori, the then-Governor of Delta State.
The Polytechnic is one of four (4) tertiary institutions founded by the State Government at the same time in order to meet the needs of Deltans for quality education that was not entirely satisfied by institutions owned by the Federal and State Governments.
The Delta State Higher Education Project (DSHEP) was established in collaboration with the University of Westminster, London, to operate the three polytechnics and College of Physical Education. This structure was made to help the institutions grow more quickly.
Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro has a long history of providing a value-based curriculum to prepare students for changing challenges in order to meet the needs of the new millennium. The institution offers National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes in courses ranging from Science and Technology to Engineering and Environmental Studies and Agriculture.
Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Courses
Some of the courses offered in Delta State Polytechnic include:
Civil Engineering Technology
Business Administration and Management
Science Laboratory Technology
Banking and Finance
Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technology
Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Post UTME
Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro, invites qualified candidates to apply for admission into various programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
To be eligible for the Post UTME screening, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have chosen the Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro, as their first or second institution choice.
- Candidates who did not choose the institution as their first choice but met the cut off mark should seek a change of institution with JAMB.
- Candidates should score a minimum of 140 in the 2020 UTME.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) at O’ Level. It should be obtained at not more than two sittings.
To apply for the Post UTME form, candidates should follow the steps below:
- The screening attracts a fee of two thousand naira. All interested applicants can go to dspz.mycportal.com and select Online Application, then Start a New Application.
- Fill in your personal information and choose your preferred program type, school, department, and program for both your first and second choices.
- To pay your application fee with a Verve or Master Card InterSwitch compatible card, choose “Pay With Card.”
- Following successful payment, an Application Number will be generated, and a Reference Number will be sent to the designated “Email Address.” (For more information, please see the Online Information Guide.)
- Candidates must submit the following documents for online screening: A photocopy of the UTME result slip, Declaration of Age or Birth Certificate, one copy of a recent passport photograph, Local Government of Origin certificate, and O’ Level result(s).
Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro School Fees
ND I: N54,600 (School of Business Studies); Others: N55,600
ND II: N38,000
HND I: N55,600
HND II: N36,000
ND I: N77,300 (School of Business); Others: N79,300
ND II: N47,700
HND I: N79,300
HND II: N44,200
Regular Two Programmes
ND I: N68,600
ND II: N48,850
ND I: N68,600
ND II: 55,850
ND III: N48,850
HND I: 68,600
HND II: N55,850
HND III: N48,850
Bank charges and processing fees cost N1,300.
Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro News
For the latest news and updates about Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, kindly visit the following link: https://dspz.edu.ng/
Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro Cut Off Mark
Delta State Polytechnic cut off mark is 140. This means that for candidates to be eligible for the Post UTME screening and qualified for admission, they must score a minimum of 140 in the 2020 UTME.
Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro Recruitment
For information about recruitment, visit the official website: https://dspz.edu.ng/
Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro Resumption Date
Delta State Polytechnic resumed academic activities on the 15th of February, 2021. This is in accordance with the academic calendar released by the management of the school.
Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro HND Form
Delta State Polytechnic invites suitable candidates seeking admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
To be considered for admission, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess a National Diploma (ND) from the Polytechnic with a minimum of lower credit or equivalent qualifications from other related institutions whose courses have earned NBTE Accreditation.
- Only ND in Business Administration or Marketing is acceptable for HND Business Administration & Management.
- Qualifications also suitable include HND Computer Science, ND Computer Science, Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with a major in Computer Education, not below merit level grade, and CPEI of Computer Professionals of Nigeria (CPN) with at least lower credit grade.
- Candidates must also meet the Matriculation criteria for the National Diploma Program at Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro. They must have a minimum of one year of industrial experience since receiving their Post-National Diploma (ND).
- Along with the application for the Higher National Diploma entry, evidence of valid one-year Post-ND Industrial Experience and academic transcript(s) from the candidate’s institution must be submitted.