Nwafor Orizu College of Education is a state-owned institution named after Nigeria’s second Senate President, Prince Abyssinia Akweke Nwafor Orizu. He was appointed Senate President during the Nigerian First Republic. He was in power from the 16th of November 1960 to the 15th of January 1966.
Located in Nsugbe, Anambra State, Nwafor Orizu College of Education was founded in 1976 and has grown to become a reputable college of education in Nigeria. The college has produced qualified and well-trained teachers and lecturers in Nigeria.
Nwafor Orizu College of Education, which boasts of a large student population, offers a national Certificate in Education (NCE) programme, Sandwich programme, Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme, Professional Diploma in Education (PDE) programmes, and part time programmes.
The college has five colleges, namely:
- School of Sciences
- School of Art and Social Science
- School of Education
- School of Vocational and Technical Education
- School of Languages
The institution’s mission is “to set and regulate training standards, offer for direct training to would-be-teachers using highly qualified, competent and experienced professional staff, modern techniques and technology.”
Nwafor Orizu College of Education Nsugbe Cut Off Mark
Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe cut off mark for degree programmes is 180. NCE cut off mark is, however, 100. For candidates to be considered for admission, they must meet these cut off marks in the 2020/2021 UTME.
Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe Degree Courses
Some of the degree courses offered at Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe, include:
Computer Education/ Biology
Computer Science Education/ Integrated Science
Biology/ Integrated Science
Christian Religious Studies/ Geography
Education and English Language
Integrated Science/ Mathematics Education
Home Economics and Education
English/ Political Science
Nwafor Orizu College of Education School Fees
Year 1: N66,500
Year 2 & 3: N58,550
Degree School Fees
Year 1: N77,050
Year 2, 3 & 4: N68,050
Part- Time Programme: N40,000
Sandwich 1st Year: N60,000, N50,000
Nwafor Orizu College of Education Part Time
In terms of population, Nwafor Orizu College of Education part time students are almost the same as UTME students.
To enroll for the part-time courses, one would usually spend more period than full-time courses.
Enrolling in a part-time programme at NOCEN requires that students spend fewer hours in the lecture room weekly. It means that courses could involve evening only study, day plus evening, etc. For more information, students should make enquiries from the relevant faculty. The general entry requirements are the same as that of full time programmes. However, the school fees for part time students are usually higher than that of full-time. The procedures for the applicant may depend on the chosen course of study.
Here are the available part-time programmes at Nwafor Orizu College of Education:
National Certificate Examination (NCE)
Part-Time Programme (PTP)
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)
Sandwich Programme (SWP)
Professional Diploma in Education (PDE)
Pre-NCE Programme (PNP)
Nwafor Orizu College of Education Post UTME 2020
Nwafor Orizu College of Education invites qualified candidates to apply for its Post UTME screening exercise for the 2020/2021 academic session.
To qualify for the Post UTME screening exercise, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Candidates seeking admission for degree programmes must have scored a minimum of 180 in the 2020/2021 UTME.
- Candidates seeking admission for NCE programmes must score 100 or above in the 2020/2021 UTME.
- Candidates must have chosen NOCEN as their first institution choice. Candidates who did not select Nwafor Orizu College of Education as their first choice but wish to apply can do so by applying for a JAMB change.
To apply for the Post UTME form, candidates should follow the steps enlisted below:
- Kindly visit the official portal: http://www.nocen.edu.ng/portal/home.php
- Click on the 2020/2021 Post-UTME screening registration under ‘Admissions.’
- Select ‘Prospective Students.’
- Degree candidates should click on ‘Apply Now’ under Bachelors of Education.
- NCE candidates should click on ‘Apply Now’ under Nigeria Certificate in Education.
- Candidates should complete registration by entering their UTME Registration Numbers, valid phone numbers and email addresses, and other information requested. The phone number and email address provided must be accurate as the school will communicate with candidates using this information.
- After submitting, candidates will receive a confirmation email.
- They should confirm by clicking the link sent to them.
- After confirmation, candidates will be redirected back to the official portal. They can continue registration by logging in.
- The RRR will be generated after a successful login.
- Candidates should visit any commercial bank to pay the application fee of two thousand naira.
- After payment, log in to the portal and verify. This can be done by clicking on ‘Verify Payment.’
- After confirmation, candidates should continue registration by clicking on ‘Apply.’
- Complete the application by providing all necessary details. Afterwards, click on ‘Submit.’
- After submission, candidates will be taken to a new page. There, they can print out their application form slips.
Here are the requirements for the Post UTME screening exercise:
- Candidates are required to bring along their O’ Level results, photocopies of the JAMB slip, two copies of the JAMB online result, and two copies of their online printed slips.
- Candidates should upload their O’ Level results in the JAMB portal.
- Candidates should check their email addresses and phone numbers. They should also monitor their profile for recent updates.
Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Affiliation with UNN
Nwafor Orizu College of Education in affiliated to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
Nwafor Orizu College of Education Logo
Here is the logo of Nwafor Orizu College of Education: