Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti, is a government-owned tertiary institution situated in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State. The polytechnic offers National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), professional programmes and certificates in several fields such as Urban and Regional Planning, Quantity Surveying, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Science Laboratory Technology, Banking and Finance, Office Technology and Management, and so much more.
Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti has four schools, namely: Science and Computer Studies, Business Studies, Environmental Studies, and Engineering.
In January 1977, Federal Polytechnic, Ado Ekiti was established as a college of technology in Jos, Plateau State. The institution commenced academic activities with about 350 National Diploma (ND) students.
Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti’s mission is “to train and develop self-reliant manpower for sustainable technological development.”
The government relocated the institution to Akure, Ondo State the following year. It became a full-fledged polytechnic in 1979. The polytechnic was, however, relocated to Ado-Ekiti in 1982 as Akure became the site for the Federal University of Technology.
Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti had over 10, 000 full time and part students, and about 1,500 staff by the year 2016.
Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti Courses
Here are some of the courses offered at Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti:
Business Administration and Management
Urban and Regional Planning
Surveying and Geo-Informatics
Banking and Finance
Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti Admission Requirements
Requirements for UTME candidates:
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) at O’ Level. It should be obtained at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates should search for the correct subject combination to know the subjects that relate to their course.
Requirements for Direct Entry (DE) candidates [Diploma, ND & HND]:
- The requirements for Direct Entry candidates have similarities to that of UTME candidates. They are required to obtain at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects (including English Language and Mathematics). Possessing GCE/AL will be an added advantage to this set of candidates.
- Candidates must possess at least Upper Credit in their National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND). Candidates with distinction stand a higher chance of getting admitted.
- Direct Entry candidates may be required to participate in the Post UTME. This happens mostly when a candidate applies from a different institution.