Here are the universities that accept IJMB for Pharmacy:
- University of Ilorin
- Ahmadu Bello University
- University of Maiduguri
- Bayero University, Kano
- Niger Delta University
- University of Uyo
- University of Benin
- Igbenedion University
- Delta State University
- University of Ibadan
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- University of Jos
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- Usmanu Donfodiyo University
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Madonna University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- University of Lagos
The following are the precise requirements set forth by the universities that offer Pharmacy as a course:
University of Ilorin
The University of Ilorin accepts three (3) ‘A’ Level science subjects: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
University of Benin
- A’ Level pass in Botany in place of Biology.
- The University of Benin does not accept A’ Level pass in Mathematics.
- UNIBEN accepts B.Sc. (Second Class) in related courses.
Niger Delta University (NDU)
- A’ Level passes in courses including Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics or Statistics, Botany or Zoology.
These credit passes should be obtained at not more than two sittings.
University of Lagos
- UNILAG does not accept B.Sc. degrees
- Passes in three (3) A’ Level subjects including Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
University of Jos
- Direct Entry candidates must have five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in addition to the ‘A’ Level requirements.
- UNIJOS accepts students with a B.Sc. second class or above in relevant programs.
University of Nigeria
- Three (3) ‘A’ Level passes, including Chemistry, Biology/Zoology/Botany, and Physics, as well as the UTME requirements completed in no more than two (2) sittings.
- A bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Biological Sciences, Health Science and Technology, or Medical Sciences, plus the UTME prerequisites.
- HND upper credit plus UTME requirements in Biological Sciences, Health Science and Technology, or Medical Sciences.
Obafemi Awolowo University
OAU accepts B.Sc. in a relevant programme (Sciences) with a minimum of Second Class Honours.
Delta State University
- In addition to the UTME requirement, Delta State University requires a first degree in relevant Biological Sciences with at least a second class Upper Division may be considered.
- Passes in Chemistry, Biology (Zoology or Botany) and not more than one (1) sitting in the GCE advanced level or Higher School Certificate (HSC) or recognized equivalent.
Olabisi Onabanjo University
Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) accepts Botany in place of Zoology.
University of Uyo
- Botany as an A’ Level subject instead of Biology.
- A second-class B.Sc. in a relevant field.
- Mathematics ‘A’ Level passes are not accepted at UNIUYO.
Bayero University, Kano
- Three (3) ‘A’ Level passes, including Chemistry, Biology, and Physics, are required by BUK.
- BAYERO does not accept NCE.
University of Port Harcourt
- Three (3) A/level passes in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or Mathematics, as well as UTME entry requirements, are accepted by UNIPORT.
- No less than a Second Class B.Sc. Lower grades in chemistry, biology, physics, and pharmacology, as well as UTME criteria.
Ahmadu Bello University
- Biology, Chemistry, and Physics ‘A’ level/IJMB passes are accepted at ABU.
- A minimum of Upper credit is required for the Unified Pharmacy Technician Certificate.
Kaduna State University
- Ordinary level requirements plus passes in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, or Zoology at the Advanced level of GCE, IJMB, or equivalents are accepted by KASU.
- A first year degree in a relevant biological or physical science discipline is required.